Rio Lobo (1970)
Oct. 21st, 2026 09:14 pmRio Lobo (1970) is the exact opposite of an interesting film.
I don't know what's up with this style of western, but they're lit flat as pancakes.
I find the characters flat. They've attempted to modernize the personalities, and generally failed across the board.
I find the performances flat, if not flatter. There's a reason why the western died.
The whole thing has a wide and wandering plot, like a long TV movie, but not like a feature film.
In all, the whole thing was tedious.
I don't know what's up with this style of western, but they're lit flat as pancakes.
I find the characters flat. They've attempted to modernize the personalities, and generally failed across the board.
I find the performances flat, if not flatter. There's a reason why the western died.
The whole thing has a wide and wandering plot, like a long TV movie, but not like a feature film.
In all, the whole thing was tedious.