Eat Pray Love (2011) is a soulless film, devoid of soul.
It wanted to be a lush and connecting film, but it failed at that. Instead, it came across as palatable, portraying a cardboard spirituality from a spiritually selfish protagonist.
In short, everything about this film is safe, and nothing about it will challenge its target audience.
***
In American Pie 2 (2001), you get even more of the unfunny comedy of American Pie. If you hated the first, which I did, then you'll hate the second. I could not bear to watch this film to the end.
It wanted to be a lush and connecting film, but it failed at that. Instead, it came across as palatable, portraying a cardboard spirituality from a spiritually selfish protagonist.
In short, everything about this film is safe, and nothing about it will challenge its target audience.
***
In American Pie 2 (2001), you get even more of the unfunny comedy of American Pie. If you hated the first, which I did, then you'll hate the second. I could not bear to watch this film to the end.